View Single Post
tenderhearts 12:51 PM 10-14-2010
Good luck to you newtodaycare22, it's nerve wracking isn't it????

So here's the exact letter I typed up, does all this look ok? One other question at the beginning where it says I am unable to provide him with the level of care he needs, does that really fit with this not being the right environment? It makes it sound to me like they are going to think he has other issues???thoughts???
thanks I really appreciate it, I only have like an hour and a half before he's picked up so I need to hurry. thanks

Or should I say I don't feel this is the right environment for him, or a good fit??????

Oct. 14, 2010

Dear******,

As you know, I have specifications in our contract for a two-week trial period. This gives you, as parents, as well as myself, an opportunity to see how your child fits into care here at “******* Daycare”. I am afraid that after this trial period, I will not be able to continue with our contract. This has been a difficult decision on my part, as I care for ****, but I am not able to provide him with the level of care he needs, as well as the other children in my care concurrently.

The trial date ends tomorrow, it is your decision if you would like to bring him or not, if you choose not to bring him you will be reimbursed for this day. However, I am willing to extend providing care for **** until
October 22, 2010 so that you may have time to find a provider that will be a better fit for ****. If you choose to do this you will be required to pay for the full week of care even if you find care sooner.

It is important to me, as a childcare provider, to provide the same level of care to each individual child that I would provide for my own children. I do not feel this is possible in the current situation. I apologize for any inconvenience, but take these steps out of consideration for what is best for Alex as well as for my other children. I thank you for your time and wish your family all the best.

Respectfully Yours,

Parent Signature__________________________Date___________

Provider Signature________________________Date____________