View Single Post
Familycare71 07:25 AM 10-08-2013
Originally Posted by SunflowerMama:
That used to bother me at first but now I just let it go. They are paying for up to 10hrs a day so honestly I don't really care what they are doing while they are gone. Whether it be working, shopping, working out, etc. As long as they are picking up on time and paying on time I'm ok with it.

For example I know one of my dcds has this whole week off but they are here 7a on the nose and mom is picking up right at 5p. Don't sweat the small stuff....
I used to get very annoyed by this- but... I can't control it so I let it go. I have a dcb who is here 5 days a week and some weeks his mom works two of those days. I get paid so IMO it isn't my business what they are doing.
Yes ideally parents would WANT to spend time with their child- but in our field I feel like those parents (in my experience anyway) are far and few between! So I chose to let it go- it was only effecting me
What I get REALLY frustrated with is when a parent whines: oh I wish I could stay home, oh it kills me to leave xxx but then on the days off- their kid is here! Still working on that one!