View Single Post
momofboys 12:21 PM 12-08-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
First of all, I understand Christmas is coming up but really?!? I have a family that has a 7 month old and he screams all the time and they are not doing anything to help out with that because they constantly hold him. At least once a week I receive a text from the mom that she has to get her oil changed, hair cut, run an errand, or take a nap. At first I was like no problem because this is her first child and I am sure she is tired but daycare is not for errands! It simply is for work and especially when he screams all day it really makes me a little upset when she comes in looking completely refreshed and I don't have the nerve to say anything to her....I already had to talk to the family about a payment issue and she was fine with it only to get yelled at in the morning by her husband....anyways, am I wrong for feeling like I am getting taken advantage of by her running errands instead of picking up her child after work? I have been thinking about writing a note for all the families but don't know what to say - this is my first year and I am feeling like I bend to every family instead of putting my foot down! Ugh, don't know if this family is really worth it!
Have you thought about changing your hours to contracted only? So if mom works 8-4, dad works 7:30-4:00 your hours would be 7:00 am - 4:30 pm. Anything beyond those hours or before them would be considered overtime. If parents had to pay extra they may re-consider leaving a child longer. Or when mom makes the request say you'd be happy to watch little screamer but you will charge $10 per hour or any part of an hour beyond her normal pick-up time. Hope this helps.