View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:43 AM 08-13-2015
Originally Posted by happymom:
Ok a better update.

My husband just got off a long call with the director. She had Tuesday and Wednesday off work because of family in town. While she was notified of the accident, she says she did not understand the magnitude of it and was very sincere and apologetic.

He said he could tell their connection was spotty and she was having problems with her cell phone.

She did state that in the waiver signed it limits the liability of accidents but that this specific accident is out of the norm and it will likely be covered by their insurance and she will work on that end for us.

They spoke about how at the end of the days and beginning of the days that different levels are merged and they still maintain their ratios. I really think this accident was a wake up call for them though.

Anyway, I'm feeling a little bit better. I wish I had spoken to her myself but I trust my husbands judgement and he feela so much better. I will call back next week and make sure the incident was reported with licensing, just to check up.
Nope, nope nope nope to the bolded part above......... it is NOT legal to have parents sign off on liability and she knows it.
That's why she said this was out of the norm.

Parents can NOT sign off on liability so that the facility is not limited in their responsibility. Most people don't know that so centers and family child care providers get away with it all the time but it is not okay.

Here is an article about it that will help explain it... I would inform the director too. http://www.tomcopelandblog.com/2014/...otect-you.html

Did she say why she hung up on you earlier?