View Single Post
Baby Beluga 06:01 AM 12-23-2016
Originally Posted by Miss A:
DC family 1 (ft toddler, ft infant) is out of. Maternity leave, to return in January. Mom is very young, and doesn't grasp the idea of giving gifts to teachers. But, I really don't expect a gift, or need one from them to know I am appreciated.

DC family 2 (ft infant) mom got stuck at work and had to call dad to pick up. I don't expect a gift from this family though, either.

DC family 3 (ft infant) forgot the gift on the table this AM as she rushed out the door late to work. I am sure this gift will be fantastic, as they are my best DC family, and have given me random gift cards throughout the year just to say thank you.

DC Grandpa picked up infant tonight though, and almost made me cry. He told me how much he appreciates all I do for his grandbaby, told me he can see how much I love and care for her, and thanked me for sharing photos and videos of her on our FB page. He didn't have to say any of that, and the fact that he did melted my heart.
Those are some of my favorite moments. One family of mine has grandparents who visit often. When in town the grandparents drop off and pick up frequently. They always thank me. Last time the grandfather hugged me, thanked me for all I do for their grandchildren and wished me a Happy Thanksgiving. It was so simple but so nice. I *might* have gotten a little emotional when they left