View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 10:16 AM 01-03-2017
Originally Posted by badger411:
I have 2 kids that won't listen to anything I say. Kids are 3.5 yo dcg (in pullups even though she has no clue about potty training) and 5 yo dcb, siblings. Both are socially and developmentally delayed. They are here 3 days a week (I am open 7 days a week) for 13.5+ hours. Neither one listens to directions. The girl will only do something when you YELL at her to do it. She understands, but speaks in gibberish that only mom and dcb can understand. You must repeat the same instructions for the same infractions 10-15 times each day. The boy is very loud, loves violent play, and torments my dog to the point that she hides in corners and under my desk. I got advice to put them in time out, but in order for that to work, I would have to be standing there, physically holding them in the chair for the duration of the time out. Any other suggestions for behavior modification, since I can't afford to terminate?
1st suggestion: Terminate care
2nd suggestion: Terminate care
3rd suggestion (said with pain, as you should not be dealing with this for the amount of money I assume you are charging): Back to baby time! Only soft toys, limited space to roam, limited toys in general, limited privileges, extra naps, conditions on everything!
AND LIMITS HOURS! (no kids need to be in care for almost 14 hours a day! How long is her commute??)

*If they have disabilities and this is not just behavioral, then they need to be evaluated and proper care needs to be sought. You are only making things worse in that case...for yourself and them. And when it comes to finances, you are not getting paid enough to care for special needs kids, so as far as not being able to afford it, I think you should reconsider.