View Single Post
laundrymom 11:17 AM 10-03-2011
Yes, the first 20 yrs I did part time and full time care. For 7 years I did 24 hour care. So I would service as many as 23 children
per day. Some were daily some hourly. Half were full time plus 3 schoolagers per day. Sometimes that was split into 6 families. I'm allowed 10 plus 3 SA kids at any given time.

I just rechecked my books, and I was wrong, I just signed my 348th child in august. I number my " childcare children" roster.

Originally Posted by nannyde:
Well I haven't had a fraction of the number of families you have had.

With your math you have had an average of 14 different families per year. With my eighteen years, if I were to have a comparable business it would mean that I would have 260 families.

I've never counted but I'm guessing I have had around sixtyish total so about a fourth of what you have had per year.

My first year I allowed pay at the end of the week and had a couple leave without notice but after getting burned.. I learned... I get paid upfront and I don't discount. I have a great contract and I don't play. I also do not discuss money with them. I wouldn't have this convo with a parent and I don't have a client who would even take me up on it if I did offer it. 50 percent off of a slot here wouldn't even pay the cost of housing the kid.

You had 347 DIFFERENT families in 24 years? Am I reading that right?