View Single Post
mamamanda 12:05 PM 01-24-2018
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I'm going to be the odd one out here. It doesn't matter much to me, any of it. The pajama thing doesn't bother me because at this age they develop more independence and want to choose things for themselves. My 3 year old wore his batman pajamas for 3 days straight and I didn't stop him other than to wash it while he bathed. We enter our target and bought 3 more pair like it so I didn't have to wash it every day. A 3 year old wants to be given choices and has very little control of his life so something like wanting to wear his favorite character pajamas as clothes is one choice that I can give him. Clients also, if they bring their child in pajamas that's fine by me as long as they're clean. Now if they expect me to changet them into regular clothes that's where I say no. The child goes home wearing the same thing he was brought in. If I get the "he wouldn't let me change him into his clothes. Here is change of clothes for the day" and question me about why they're still in pajamas at pick up well... "he wouldn't let me changel him into his clothes either".

Again with the shoes. I wouldn't go as far as to go to 3 different stores for shoes but I'd try 2 and if at the second store we still couldn't find a pair he liked I'd pick two pair that were appropriate and he could pick one and if he didn't then I'd say something like "sounds like you're having a hard time choosing. If you can't make a choice I'll choose for you" and that usually gets me a response.

Right now they're developing their autonomy and although I wouldn't let a child play in the street simply because he wanted to because of safety his wardrobe isn't something if fight him over (my son)
This is how I feel about it too. 1000x yes. As long as what they're wearing is clean & weather appropriate I'm fine with it. Defiance is what gets me. Letting them have age appropriate choices doesn't bother me at all.