View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:35 PM 07-23-2013
Originally Posted by JoseyJo:
I know, I know, but it is so HARD to do! I have only termed 2 other children the whole time I have been doing daycare- both were clearly miserable here. One 18 mo "catnapper" who was always tired and woke up at puff of wind or a shadow (literally!), and one 3 yo who screamed pretty much non stop anytime we did any learning activity at all. They were much easier as the children were clearly miserable.

How would you guys go about giving the term? Would you just give a term notice today at p/u? What would you say when you gave it?
Dear DCP's

Please accept this as written notice of termination of our agreement for child care services.

The last day I am willing to provide care is Friday, July XX, 2013.

Based on our previous conversations about behavior both here and at home, I feel I am unable to meet Billy's needs and feel that our environment is simply not a good fit.

Thank you

Provider.

Sometimes I give detailed reasons and other times I don't. In this case, I think you would be doing yourself a favor by not getting into the reasons as the mom seems to be the type to argue everything and she herself, stated that he only behaves this way at your home so....since SHE said it, use it.

Personally, I'd be willing to waive any notice period you have simply because the child is a risk while present. I'd take the loss and just be done.

I know terming is hard because you care about each and every kid but don't ever let ONE child's needs be more important than the groups needs as a whole....or more important than yours.