View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:55 AM 06-15-2018
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
Not sure, but was told ONLY if it is a parent choice can they provide it.

If the child has a disability from dairy the parent cannot supply it but we have to supply it and there has to be a doctors not on file.
If the child has a disability then yes, you are required to provide the substitute the doctor says to use.

If the parent simply chooses to serve their child something different not based on a disability then the parent can supply the substitute but the substitute item must meet the same nutritional requirements of the item being substituted and thus allowing you to claim the meal.

If the parent brings a substitute item that is NOT nutritionally equivalent to the requirement than you CAN NOT claim the meal.

I think you are misinterpreting what I am saying or I am not understanding what you are saying

In some cases you CAN claim the meal and in some cases you can not.

The deciding factor is whether or not the substitute item is equivalent to original requirement.
Here are some examples of what I mean:

Scenario #1 Parent wants child to drink almond milk instead of cows milk. Parent brings almond milk. You supply the remaining components of the meal.

You CAN NOT claim this meal. Almond milk does not meet the same nutritional requirements as cows milk.

Scenario #2 Parent does not want child to eat meat. Parent supplies beans or tofu. You supply remaining components of the meal.

You CAN claim this meal because the substitute parent brings DOES meet the nutritional requirements of original meal component.