View Single Post
Thriftylady 06:52 AM 09-21-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I agree to some extent. (This is an old thread by the way )

However, the OP stated she couldn't handle the family's children more than 2 days a week. Just because her contract says full time trumps part time it doesn't automatically mean every part time family would be a good fit for full time care.

I have the same thing in my contract and just recently declined to offer an open full time space to a long time part time family because honestly if they were here 5 days a week, I'd probably just term and be done with them but I can manage the 3 days they are here just fine because I get a break from them twice weekly.

I abide by my contract but my contract does not specify that I HAVE to offer any full time space that becomes available to every single part time family that expresses an interest. It simply says full time trumps part time and it does. Just not for all families. That is where the beauty of being SELF-employed comes in.

I know that doesn't seem fair but I never promised fair.
I only promise the best that I can do.
I am in this camp. If the thought of taking a child for more days is more than I think I can handle, it is most fair to the child if I don't. If I can't keep a good attitude with the child, I shouldn't have them here. If that means the family wants to find other care, I would be okay with that in that situation.