View Single Post
JenNJ 09:27 AM 10-27-2011
Originally Posted by Lucypch:
I believe in Montessori approach. Children don't see work as work they enjoy it and it doesn't have to be "work" if you know how to present the materials. Children love learning. And yes play is learning too! I see my child buttoning up the dolls clothes. She's learning!
You are making the choices and giving them choices that are within your limit. Example if the child is having a had time in the morning getting dressed. "Would you like to wear the red or blue shirt? "
A clear choice that involves the child wearing a shirt which is what I want.
It has really helped the tantrums go down.
There are times where they know there is a clear choice "you have to hold my hand when we cross the street" and followed by "if you don't I will pick you up"
And while all of this is great, it does not help the problem at hand. Tattling is not allowed in the OP's daycare. It is a rule. As adult members of society, we all need to follow rules (laws) for the group as a whole to be successful. This is the premise that all daycares thrive on. Rules are made and followed for the good of the group. I don't see any issue with an adult authority figure enforcing rules with children. Without a clear set of rules, daycare would be a very dangerous place.

The child DOES have a choice here: if she tattles, she will have a consequence; if she worries about her task at hand only and lets the daycare provider handle the problems, she will continue to be rewarded with privileges and praise.