View Single Post
nannyde 10:40 AM 10-27-2011
Originally Posted by Lucypch:
So if she gets hurt she should be quite and take it. Because you have no voice or say. You will be punished if you talk because you area child.
Wow. I'm out of here. This makes me so sad.
Listen to children. Respect them. Love them.
I do ts becuase I Love children and enjoy what I'm doing. Seeing their interaction and development is wonderful. Children are brilliant and can do more then we think if we just have faith and give them the tools.
No if she gets hurt the adult will SEE the getting hurt, SEE the look of pain, SEE the change in her inflection and her body movements. When an adult SEES she is hurt then of course they will check and do the appropriate care and lovins... then go play toys.

The OP didn't say anything about the child behaving badly during injury. How does that have to do with her interupting adults and directing adults?

The loving respectful thing to do with kids is prepare them for REAL life where they are one of many........ with bosses............ with work......... with boredom............. with age mates...... with younger....... with older....

I do it because I love children and enjoy what I'm doing. Seeing their interaction and development is wonderful. Children ARE brilliant and can do exactly what I think they can do. Having them have a childhood of being a CHILD and PLAY with repect for their position and respect for their elders will give them the tools they need to be successful.

See that wording goes both ways.

I think you are mistaking the intent of the OP. She didn't come and ask about what to do to get the childs self esteem up. She doesn't HAVE problems with the kid when she's doing as the child wants. The kid doesn't have any issues with directing adults or doing as she pleases.

It's when she's told to be one of the GROUP and stay out of the adults business that the kid is having a hard time. She's not having a problem when she's played WITH it's when the adults AREN'T playing with her.

The suggestions you gave are about playing WITH her and finding more special for her to do. She does fine with THAT stuff. She's okie dokie when she gets to lead. It's when she's NOT leading that's the problem the OP brought to us.