View Single Post
CityGarden 10:24 PM 05-28-2016
There are home-based daycares, centers and preschools that close for the summer so that family could have opted for that initially and you do not owe them any discount since they knew you operated a year round program.

Regardless IF you want to work with them and keep them as clients I might suggest to them they reduce their number of days to 2 or 3 days per week in summer (if you feel you can fill the other days with someone else) or offer the summer off but require September tuition in full as a deposit (again only if you feel you can fill the spot in this case with a summer only child).....

As a teacher I initially selected a preschool for my dd that was only open September - June (which worked well for me at that point) when I moved dd to a full day year round program I sent her 3 days per week and had family help out with the other days and kept her with that consistent schedule in summer (I did pick her up early each day right after nap and snack and especially in summer we took additional days off to spend together.)

Personally when I hear my peers complain about year round childcare I find it annoying because they do have options of programs that are school year only.