View Single Post
Missy Poo 11:36 AM 08-27-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
If I were the parent of the 22 month old, I'd pull my child from your care and probably report you for failing to supervise and keep my child safe.

4 times in one day is absolutely unacceptable!

After the first time, the biter should have been separated from the others and allowed access under direct supervision only.

I completely understand the difficulties biting adds to this job but 4 times in one day and the same child is just not acceptable or understandable at all...

I dont mean to sound harsh but this needs to be addressed and solved before you end up with not having any clients left.

It shouldn't matter if the parent is in treatment or not, it's your responsibility to provide a safe environment for ALL the children in your care.

First of all I think your more upset about it than his mother was. I expected the mom to be mad, but she just shrugged it off and said it happens. The mom of the biter welcomes any suggestions to get him to stop. She is taking parenting classes and she mentioned there was some behavior managing groups for kids she is signing him up for.

But as far as the 4x goes, it seemed to come in pairs. The first time was at 8:50, then again at around 9:20 ish. The next two was in the afternoon 2:05 and maybe 2:15. It was then we decided we had to isolate him by putting him in the playpen. So far it has worked, he only tried to bite a 5 yr old today. The day he bit the 22 month old was the worst day in the 2 weeks he's been here. We've caught him more than he's bitten.

Our director has been looking up ways to stop him. I think it has just become a habit to this little guy. One of his first days with us, I was sitting on the floor and he started running toward me arms open wide and a big smile on his face and he wrapped his arms around me and bit me on the shoulder ( who says vampires don't exist?). Hopefully, we can find a solution.