View Single Post
Kaddidle Care 04:27 AM 05-22-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
I have strict rules on clothing..

I only care for children 20months to 5 years. All clothing must fit and be child friendly so that your child can manage their own clothing. We practice life skills everyday and it is important that you give your child a canvas to work with. This means:

NO shoes with strings, unless they know how to tie and untie knots
NO snaps on pants
Shoes must fit and be manageable for the child to take off and put on.

No jackets, pants, or shirts with strings of any kind
No flip flops EVER
Nothing with complicated fasteners

All clothing must be suitable for safe play at all times. Clothing should not prohibit your child from playing normally throughout their day. This includes:

pants too long that will cause them to trip
pants to big that constantly fall down, causing them to fall
clothing that exposes areas of the body that are meant to be covered up.
Do not dress your child in a hooded shirt without having one without a hood under it.
Be sure to dress your child appropriately for the weather, don't send your child in shorts and sweatshirt when it's 25degrees outside.

last one hate that I had to add this one, no offensive clothing. I had a kid come in a T-shirt one time that said my dad thinks your dad sucks.....
Wow! It is really sad that there is really a need for you all to add this to your handbooks but with some of the parents these days.. ugh!

My youngest just came home with a notice that was distributed from school with the same type of rules. I read it and realized that it wasn't directed at me and mine for sure. Again.. sad that they felt the need to send it out - dressing a child properly is just plain common sense.

As far as the offensive sayings - thank goodness most in Daycare aren't able to read them. I think the worst we ever had was a child that had "sexy" on her shirt. The child had no clue and neither did her class thankfully. The Teacher and I just looked at each other and rolled our eyes. We are in a Church Center - you'd think the person dressing her would think twice before sending her in that.