View Single Post
Cat Herder 04:56 AM 10-07-2011
Originally Posted by mac60:
Have they determined how the person came in.....I thought I read thru a window, but if the front door was unlocked, why go thru the window?
I have seen that before on scenes and it was because the porch light was on so they chose to enter through a darker area of the house to minimize witnesses.

As far as the polygraph, if I felt I was somehow to blame (as I would if I left the windows/doors open and my infant was abducted) I could not pass a polygraph either. Guilt is guilt. My understanding is that heart rate, muscle memory and brain waves react the same to it whether it is rational or not. (much like distress vs. eustress...both are stress)

I know I was suspect in my son's SIDS death until it was proven I wasn't. In my heart I thought I was to blame because I left him at daycare, I failed to keep him safe, I should have sensed something was wrong, and a few days before he died he managed to grab a flower off a shrub on our walk through a local park (hibiscus). Guilt is guilt, rational or not.

I am hoping Mom fits the same pattern I did. I want to believe her for some reason. Something about her makes me believe her.

Now the Dad made me a little uncomfortable during the interview this morning. He kept glancing left while facing forward stiffly, was emotionless, had a clenched jaw, folded hands and made an insincere (IMHO) attempt to comfort his crying wife. Maybe he is just exhausted, has social anxiety (I'd freak having to be on camera, too) or possibly medicated..IDK.