View Single Post
DaycareProvider 03:02 PM 05-31-2012
So I have a mom who has a problem when it comes to my fees, even though she signed the contract. She always comes back to say something, with just about every situation. I've tried accomidating her a couple of times only to be taken advantage of. I don't think she is intentionally trying to, but it is very annoying.

She has an all day screamer for a baby, I've given her a break as far as fees go, and even though her fees are probably lower than anywhere around here I let her make payments on top of that. She pays very little for what I offer, and on top of that still complains.

She does'nt want her baby crawling on my hardwood floor in fear that he will hurt himself, shes called/text me a few different times almost questioning bruises/scrapes that she finds HOURS after she picks him up in an almost accusing kind of way which then usually ends up being offensive. If she doesnt trust me, why in the world does she bring her kid to me? she allows him to eat snacks all day and drink juice at home instead of eating at mealtimes so he expects that all day long. She's always late dropping him off in wee hours of the morning. She is always asking for a discounted rate on top of her already discounted rate. Oh and she is a 3 day a week part timer.

Ok so the latest drama with her is that after a long relaxing weekend of not having any kids, I have all of the kids yesterday. My daughter all of a sudden comes down with a high fever in the middle of the day. I let the parents know when they pick their children up and let them know I will keep them updated later that night. Well it never goes down so I then let them know that Im aware that they don't have a backup so for their convenience, I'm going to go ahead and open up and they are more than welcome to bring their child as scheduled. While the other parents were understanding, they apologized that they didn't have any back up so that they would in fact bring their children, I was fine with that. I then get a response from problematic mother, and she has a problem bringing her baby and risking the exposure. She says that dad will have to take the time off to watch him, and that this is the second time this has happened, and then asks if I could credit her back for the missed days. I tell her no I"m sorry I cant afford to close, thats why I'm staying open for everyones convenience, she sends me a 3 page text basically stating the exact same thing, how she doesnt think its right that she has to pay for a day that she is not bringing her child. Mind you, she got an entire week FREE this month because she claims she didnt know the difference between bi-weekly and twice a month so I gave her a one time break. I'll see her tomorrow, and I'm dreading it because I'm tired of her always an issue with something every single freakin week. She went from being the best daycare parent, to a pain in my ass.

Any suggestions on what I can tell this lady who always seems to stop me dead in my tracks with her off the wall requests?