View Single Post
Soccermom 07:15 AM 09-17-2014
I have found, in my experience, that once children learn they can manipulate their parents with their words they will use their new found skill every chance they get.

A lot of kids will tell lies they know their parents would be concerned about if they think there might be a way of getting out of having to go to a sitter every day.

My guess is that at some point DCM had some sort of concern about your husband being at home sometimes and asked DCB some innocent questions. DCB heard in his little mind that DCM is not a fan of your husband being around occasionally and thought he would use this new found knowledge to get out of having to go to the sitter. What these kids don't think about is the fact that no matter what, DCM is going to work and he will have to go somewhere.

I had a DCB do this exact thing to me the other day. He is 7. He told DCM that my husband came home early from work (Which he did) and told DCB that he did not like him and no longer wanted him in our home....total and complete lie. My DH came home from work early because he had an evening appt. He sat at the dining room table, took off his work boots and then we chatted for a few moments until this DCM arrived.

She brought it up the next morning half joking about it...but seriously? You think I would tolerate my own husband saying that to a child?!!

Kids are smart. They know just what to say to upset their parents and make them feel even more guilty for working while the child is left in the hands of the sitter.