View Single Post
Unregistered 08:20 AM 11-16-2018
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
Let me tell you something! We have more important things to worry about like the safety of the children in our care. You may not care if you wreck and hurt your child on your way to daycare but we sure do. I have had parents that would bring their children to me in a 2 foot snow storm if it meant them actually spending time with their children. This is why I will close if it is not safe. I also have to worry about an emergency situation like fires, no power an ambulance making it to our location etc...Getting your money's worth says to me you care more about the money spent than actually spending time with your kids. Days off work should be saved for when the children are ill or their is a snow/ice/bad weather day. I see parents take off what equals to weeks for themselves and their kids are still here!
I have been on both sides of this and kept me son home when it snowed even just a little and still had no problems paying daycare. If you do not like it I suggest you stay home and raise your own kids!!!
I bet you be that same parent that would bitch if you were late picking up cause the weather was bad too. You have no problems making it there to drop off. That is another reason providers close. We really feel like having your child overnight cause you paid for it right.
Except you are charging for a service you provide. It is not your role to judge when and why people use your service. If you don't want to provide it for whatever reason then you shouldn't charge for it. All of those parents still have to get to work so people are going to work. You and your staff can too. If Walmart closes because of weather they don't call me and ask me to pay for what I was going to buy anyway.