View Single Post
nanglgrl 04:24 PM 12-13-2018
Im going to be the odd one out here. I used to have a huge handbook of policies that parents received and signed, Now I just have them online. We go over them during the interview and if an issue arises but most things can be handled at the door if they forget. For instance..the child has food and I say I don’t allow food. I expect that parents won’t bring them with food again. It has worked way better then having them sign a ton of papers. I suspect how I choose my clients has also been a big factor. Rarely do they ever question these things or even try to do things which, lets face it, should be common sense.
Since I don’t require a 2 week notice the only big thing in my policies were my closures and which ones are paid/unpaid. Those should also be in your contract. However, I post them in advance to remind parents and list if they’re paid or not. A parent could always decide they don’t want to pay but that would mean they’d have to find new daycare. That’s fine with me, if they can’t reapect the few paid days I take they arent a good fit.
I did once have a client that didn’t want to pay late pickup charges. I instructed her to find new daycare. Again, that information should also be in the contract.
If you’re provider doesn’t have anything listed in your contract relating to paid days off you don’t have to pay but expect that you might have to find new daycare. If you think what she’s asking for is extraordinary I would call around and inquire as to the norm and then have a conversation with your provider about what you’re willing to do and see if you can come to a agreement.