View Single Post
knoxmomof2 08:36 AM 05-15-2019
I've done this for 6.5 years now. I've termed 3 families (actually, 2.5..lol).

1 for repeated non payment (that was when I was new and before I required payment in advance).

1 because DCB was just out of control. He was aggressive with the other kids and had impulse control issues. When I put him in timeout, he would scream bloody murder to the point it hurt everyone's ears! I tried just moving him to another room for timeouts, but I was honestly afraid someone was going to call the police on me for the shrieks coming from my house...it was time for him to move on.... I held on way too long though because he was my first daycare kid ever. The parents tried to work with me on their end, but I think he needed more help than just a little discipline.

The 3rd family is actually the DCM of the out of control kid. I have her 2 boys from her new marriage and they've gone off the deep end with their dietary "needs". I just don't mesh well with their lifestyle any more. The ages I had in care were already tough and this just put things over the top. I'm not happy doing my job anymore. Today is day 3 of their 2 week notice. I'm so ready for peace...even if it means losing the income from one of the spots. I've filled the other with a new baby from another previous DCF. I liked working with them before and catching up at the interview was nice 😊