View Single Post
athomemommy 10:38 AM 07-09-2012
Originally Posted by Abigail:
I LOVE my rate schedule. Right now everyone pays the same, but before I had difference schedules and it worked out nice! I decided to do the daily breakdown because I wouldn't mind having someone just 3 days or just 4 days to enjoy lighter days. I'm not in it to make 100% profit either, I want to enjoy my job and not overdo it!

I want to push part timers to join because I want the variety. I miss having someone just T/TH to break up the week and keep me on track. Now everyone is full time and I'm lost between M and F who knows the days all run together now! LOL.

I don't like how someone says oh $125/week is $25/day. YES, but if you want less days you don't sign up for only 3 days at $75, it's automatically known around here to be $90 so think about how much it went up. It went from $25/day up to $30/day part time. So figure if someone needs only 4 days they pay $27.50/day right in the middle which is $110 or you can choose a little more as long as it's making sense to explain.

I would say $125/5, $110/4, and $90/3 days is very fair. This is what you need to make sure though.......if they want to add a day, it's their current daily rate not $25. So if your 3 days need 4 they pay $30 more. If your 4 days needed that 5th day they pay $27.50 more. KWIM? I did that for my rates.

I had someone in here only 2 days a week and my contract said if you needed additional days IF approved they paid the daily rate (half their current rate) so once my part time family needed a full week and paid for 6 days in the end. They were a little shocked I said it was their daily rate x the days because it was so much cheaper full time. My theory is that no other daycare will charge less than 3 days a week around here so it is very fair and I enjoyed the extra income that week.
Okay I am going to go with this. $125/5, $110/4, $90/3, $75/2 but what should one day be? $30? Thanks for your help. Is it okay to change to her contract in the middle. It is not up until the jan 2. How do I handle that?