View Single Post
Ben_ef_sheh 09:33 AM 01-31-2018
Wow, not sure how this conversation turned south or how my post was rude. It seems that my words were taken out of context due to this conversation being online as opposed to being able to see or hear my voice or facial expressions.

Anyway, the reason I came back to this thread is to post some positive news! I found out from the board of education and from the Criminal Justice Informational Service that background checks only search for criminal offenses not civil matters. Thank goodness because that would be extremely unfair and could bar a lot of people from employment. Since I have no criminal charges, nor am I engaged in any such activity, I will be fine.

The reason for my original question was that I was hoping someone would be familiar with the background check process. Of course I could have searched directly but thought this forum would be easier.

Hopefully my final response will be helpful for others searching for similar information. Clearly situations like this can lead to misconceptions about people.