View Single Post
grandmom 02:06 PM 02-21-2011
If you have no contract - they have no contract.

If you can't prove what the agreement was - they can't prove what the agreement was.

If they paid you in cash, they have no suit to make. You should go with your records and own up to what they paid, but THEY are the ones who have to prove they paid you anything.

Do not delete those text messages! Take the phone with you. Don't block them from your cell phone so that as they escalate, you'll have proof of their harrassment.

You had every right to ask a parent to go and cool off. If you really didn't tell them not to come back, then they could have come back the next day. DO NOT tell the judge that "if they would have apologized..." because that will be a big negative on you.

Take along to court a listing of what temp is was for the couple weeks before they left. And the licensing regs on going outside to show that you did not violate the regs. They just choose to not like your policy.

Take proof that you had to move with short time notice and take a receipt for fixing your computer.

Take the other parent's contracts to show your normal way of doing business.

Stay calm and factual with the judge.

I'd strongly encourage you to let this go to court. I think a judge would hear their harrassment, understand your dilemna with no computer, etc.

I disagree with the others, I wouldn't give up the money without a court order.

Good luck.