View Single Post
spud912 01:10 PM 08-13-2012
Originally Posted by Breezy:
My heart is broken every single day as my DS stares longingly outside and I tell him again... "Sorry honey, its 110 degrees out and there is no shade. Gotta stay in!" It is just so hot! I watch the weather channel like a crazy woman hoping it will storm and bring the temp down 20 degrees! Last night by the time it cooled down enough it was dark and bedtime.

This is the #1 reason I am so so so excited to move to North Dakota. Sure, it will be cold but I think its better to be cold than hot. You can always warm up! Grass, trees, leaves to jump in... Hes in for such a treat
I am in Arizona too and it is HOOOTTTT lately! We didn't go out at all last week because of the high temperature warnings. By today, I was sick and tired of being inside so we went out for 15 minutes (it was 99 degrees at 8:30 when we went out ). I read on the news that the schools are doing 15 minute increments, so I figured I would try it out and it was just enough time for the kids to enjoy themselves without turning bright red and overheating.

I saw on the news that it should drop to 103 by Thursday and I can't wait!!! 103 is a cold front for us .