View Single Post
KnoxMom 06:52 AM 06-20-2013
I've replied in blue:

Originally Posted by Michael:
I'm conflicted on this topic. How much per click are they charging?.

My average CPC was about $1.24

I've always worried about competitors using click fraud to run up charges. I just don't trust it since I get hit with so much spam everyday. In a perfect world every click should at least produce an introduction to a potential client.

These days search dominates in unparalleled ways and you almost have to spend money on SEM (search engine marketing).

I've considered this as well. However, if you search any of several terms (home daycare, day care, preschool, etc.) in my city, my page usually ranks twice on the first page but not at the very top of the list. I'm listed on google maps and use a google+ page but it seems like the ones that come up first are the daycares closest to the center of the city. I live on the very edge. I've looked up several articles and google forums on how to improve that, but it seems location starts with the center of the city unless the search includes a specific zip code. All I've learned so far about SEM and SEO is to make sure I keep adding fresh quality content and getting some quality backlinks/citations...

Just food for thought.