View Single Post
SandeeAR 11:54 AM 06-09-2011
This is in my contract for babies:

The following items MUST be brought prior to the first day of care & be replenished as needed:

1. Change of clothing, including socks (appropriate for the season)
2. Babies: A large bag of diapers in the appropriate size.
3. If potty training: A large bag of pull ups or several training pants and plastic pants.
4. 2 bottles, up to 1 year. At 12 to 18 months at the latest, I will begin using sippy cups full time.
5. If on baby food, enough food for a week please.
6. A can of formula. If breast feeding, please bring an extra day’s supply for my freezer as back up.
7. 2 pacifiers. After about 6-8 months, I only use these at nap time. Usually by 1 year, they don’t even have it at nap.

Just a tip on the personal side regarding YOUR baby. From experience as a new breastfeeding mom 29 years ago. Give your baby one bottle a day, it can be pumped breast milk, formula or water. (You may have to have your DH give it at night) I didn't give mine one. I became her pacifer. But worst of all, when I got the flu and she was 9 months old, I couldn't feed her. (We didn't pump and store back then)

It was 18 hours before she was willing to take a bottle of formula and another 8 hours before she did it again. Instant weening at 9 mos, just about killed us both. My second baby got a bottle daily from day one!