View Single Post
Abigail 06:07 PM 06-09-2011
Do you clean them as soon as you're done using them, or at the end of the day? No, I rinse them out though.

What's the best, easiest way to clean them?
You can always purchase a bottle sanitizer, but it just costs that extra money and takes up that extra space so I recommend using the dishwasher.

Do you ask parents to supply their own bottles, or do you have a supply that all babies use?
I NEED organization in my home and enjoy shopping for baby things to use in my daycare. I will be buying my own bottles and provide them, but if a parent requests I use their specific bottle I will.

Is it safe to let different babies use the same bottles?
It's safe as long as they're clean. You certainly shouldn't make an 8 oz bottle to give to child A who drinks only 2 oz and then give the rest to child B, KWIM? Make sure when you clean them to take the nipples out of the ring. Many people forget to do that since they don't assemble the nipple to the ring to the bottle while preparing a bottle since the nipple is always ready to go in the ring.

What do you use?Do you ask parents to supply this or just have your own?
I will be providing a generic brand of formula because I will be on the food program. Parents can still choose to provide their own. The less the parents need to provide the better. I really just want them to bring their child, not the baby car seat, diaper bag, grocery bag, etc.

Does either need refrigerated? If you make a bottle ahead of time, how long is it good for?
You can prepare all your bottles for the day ahead of time and they're good until you need to use them that day. If a baby drinks from the bottle, make sure they get that same bottle within the hour or so to finish it instead of going to a new bottle each time. I don't premake bottles because our babies are so unpredictable based on the night they had.....if they didn't sleep, if they just ate, sometimes they come with a bottle ready to feed to them. I was always told if a baby doesn't take (drink much at all) of a bottle it's good to go back into the fridge. If you begin feeding a baby try to use it within the hour. I was also told to dump the bottle if it was over an hour and they had more than a few sips because bacteria can begin to grow.

You should do some googling on bottle feeding basics and you'll get fairly close answers. Best thing is to call your local clinic and ask for information to be mailed or you pick up. That will be the most up-to-date information that your new moms are getting.