Thread: 2 Weeks Notice
View Single Post
nannyde 04:02 PM 06-12-2011
Originally Posted by spud912:
Well there are a couple of silly reasons, but the one I would like to argue about is the fact that they were upset that their son is not allowed into my child's room. They figure if my child gets to have space away from daycare that their child should also.

I really wanted to say something to them but my dh told me to just let it go. I know I should let it go because people who are unreasonable will be that way no matter what explanation I give. It's just frustrating......
This is always a risk when you add your child into the business. Parents want their child to be treated "as your own" so they are not going to like any difference between their child and yours.

This is seen when the ages of your child and theirs is close and especially if they are the same sex. It also comes up when their child is old enough to talk. Once their child gets a load of the private and special toys that you have saved away from the day care JUST for your child they will fixate on those items because they are special... not something that would survive group care or is too big of a price to risk for the day care kids.

It's REALLY an issue if you do "by invite only" into your childs room. This means your child gets to decide whether or not the dckid can come in and it changes from day to day or hour to hour. Once the dck has had any time in your child's room their happiness will be set on that. Anything else you do with the child will be less valuable. The child will discuss THAT as what they like about day care.

Once the child is told NO about going in the room then that's the topic dujour on the car ride home. Once the parent realizes their kid didn't get the special they are going to lobby for it because it is a thing they can use to get their child to get out of their house and get in the car. They will be happy to bring it up to you in front of their child as an insurance policy to make sure their kid gets special.

No matter WHAT explanation you give... if the child can EVER go in your kids room then the parent won't accept the NO. So once you let them in it's going to be an issue when you don't.