View Single Post
Unregistered 11:02 AM 07-26-2011
OP, I feel for you because the daycare should not have let you and your child get used to a routine for so long if they intended to not let him eat breakfast upon arrival. Not cool. That being said, I understand why daycares don't just let kids eat upon arrival in general. I know that drop off times vary so children could get hungry at different times for breakfast, but that's why the scheduled breakfast time is so important in the first place. That gives the parents of the children a time that they know breakfast will be served at daycare and if they are going to be dropping off after breakfast is over, then the parent can be responsible for feeding before daycare. That would solve the problem. I know that mornings can be very hectic and rushed, but keep in mind that daycare providers whether they are at a home daycare or a center, are busy as well and if we have to stop what we are doing to feed a late arrival breakfast, then how is that fair to all of the other kids? Also, the other kids may be envious of what a late arriving child brings for breakfast and that's not cool either.

Wouldn't it just be easier to get your child up a few minutes earlier to eat breakfast? Just my thoughts.