View Single Post
cheerfuldom 07:08 PM 07-26-2011
Agree! Plus I personally think that 9 is way too late for breakfast. Why not take the time to feed your own child at home? if its so small of a task that the provider could do it, why don't you do it OP? I know, I know, we are all busy working moms (the majority of the providers on this board are moms as well as a good number of daycare employees) and we all make it happen so it can be done. In addition, it will give you the time to provide something more substantial than a granola bar and have those few moments to connect before going your separate ways for the day. You ask "when after paying so much for my sons tuition at this preschool did they get the right to even the point to say when my son had to eat his breakfast by a certain time" and the answer is that they are running a business, they are in charge and that is what gives them the right. You seem just as upset by the other rules (you mentioned they had been changing a few things lately) as this rule but the fact is that the rules are made for a group. There are going to be rules in any daycare that are not very convenient for your personally but thats a part of the deal with a center or preschool (and certainly for grade school). If you are really uncomfortable with the new changes you can always find a new preschool but you will have some rules there you don't like either. Its just part of the sacrifice you make when you send your child to group care instead of staying home yourself or hiring individualized care like a nanny.