View Single Post
Crystal 06:31 PM 11-30-2011
I feel it is unfair that they are allowing her to lay awake for that amount of time. I allow the children books, quiet toys, playdough, etc. if they do not fall asleep within 30-45 minutes. This RARELY happens, because my kids are wiped out and ready to crash at naptime from a morning full of fun and learning, but when it does, there is no way I'd make them lay there like that.

I understand there are providers, such as Daycare, who do not offer that, and I think it is great that they acknowledge that..... by doing so they prevent situations such as the OP describes.

The children playing around her is not only a disturbance to her solid sleep, it is also dangerous....they could easily trip and fall on her.

If my children are not awake by 3:00, I open the curtains, turn on the fan, and they start waking up. By 3:15 they are all awake and getting shoes on. Allowing them to sleep later will affect their nightime routine, and therefore their ENTIRE sleep schedule.

Good luck. I hope you can come to an agreement with your daughter's program that meets everyone's needs.