View Single Post
Unregistered 11:22 AM 12-14-2017
I have a 4 year old who is a terrible eater. He will not eat most foods. For lunch, if he eats anything, it is fruit. A lot of days he doesn't eat anything. He will not eat breads(except French toast), meats, peanut butter, any veggies, cheese, very selective on fruits, any kinds of fish,eggs etc. He will eat noodles randomly. He does drink milk, so that is a plus!
At home his "go to" foods are donuts, muffins and candy. DCM has posted on FB pictures of him eating breakfast on several occasions. Most of the time, it includes donuts and sometimes candy too. So I know when he tells me what he had for breakfast, it is most likely true.
So basically, if it has sugar in it, he will eat it. (Guessing that's why he will only eat fruits most days at meal time here).

On a side note, I always give my daycare kids pjs for Christmas, so I have them step on a scale and also check their heights. This way I know what size to get them. When I had him do this, he measured at 3'4" and is 31 pounds. It seems to me that he would be considered underweight. Mom and dad have never shown any concern about his weight, but this has got me wondering if his doctor has ever said anything. I've always know he is small, but only check his weight this time of year because of the gifts, so didn't realize how small. Should I say anything to mom and dad? Clearly they know he is not a good eater, but at what point does his weight become concerning?

I know DCM just feeds him the foods she knows he will eat for breakfast (most days he comes here after), so that is the only meal he eats most days.....