View Single Post
Unregistered 06:33 PM 02-05-2013
Due to something I wrote that is controversial , I Signed out to hide my identity, but I am a fairly new but regular user.

[x] bottles I will provide but no one has opted for this yet
[] Pacifiers
[x] Sippy cups I don't assign them , because they get washed, and only 1 child uses the same cup all day.
[] regular (assigned) cups
[x] Plates/bowls
[x] Utinsils (forks, spoons, sporks)
[] Infant formula no, because I am a lactavist and i actually advocate for using donor breast milk over formula and will gladly donate my own if ever needed. I had a baby I wet nursed occasionally to give the comfort she needed and donated to her by bottle (until mom got her own donor milk from other donors) because mom wasn't making enough. Her mother asked first and so it was a mutual agreement. Fyi: I don't ever advertise this and would never do this unless asked first&was willing. We just happen to meet first through the LLL group and had very similar strong beliefs about this. She's now on formula and donor milk by bottle. I do allow formula to be brought from home though and currently have an infant who has always been on formula.
[x] Baby cereal/baby food (under a year) . I beleive in baby led weaning/solids (no purees) so I discourage puree foods unless the parent is open to me still teaching the (older) infant how to self feed at the same time. Puree foods are allowed though.
[x] Regular meals/snacks for children over 1 year
[x] Back up clothes (bought by you, donated to your program, or lost n' found)
[x] General medicines (Tyonal, Benedryl, baby ibeprophen... but don't administer without written permission) In my policies it says I do NOT give meds. But I already have these on hand in case of emergency because I have my own kids. However, I'm into more natural approaches and my kids rarely get sick to begin with so any meds I have always end up expiring before they ever get used. I have a strict illness policy . I do keep a first aid kit on hand .
[x] Diapers I have always offered cloth diapers for the early infant stage to help them save since they go through so many in the younger months, and I have a stash my son outgrew. But I've only had 2 clients into cloth, in 4 yrs time.
[] Pull-ups
[x] Wipes disposable, for those wearing disposable diapers
[x] Diaper creams/ointments/ powder I will provide but no one has opted for this yet
[x] Potty training seat
[x] Training potty
[x] Sunblock with permission or they can bring their own
[x] Car seat (if you transport) bought new last month!
[x] Booster car seat (if you transport)
[x] High chair/baby feeding chair
[x] Stollers
[x] Nap mats/cots
[x] Personal blankets (for nap)
[] Personal pillows (for nap)
[x] Curriculum/ lesson plans