View Single Post
Miss A 09:43 AM 03-11-2016
I am going to be the odd one out here, and say from a homeschooled child's POV, I hated being homeschooled. I was in public school from Kindergarten through 3rd grade, and homeschooled 4th-12th.

I was bullied terribly in public school, but I wanted to be there VS. Being homeschooled. I was lonely, and learning was not fun for me. I hated knowing that I would be working on schoolwork for hours on end, knowing that I was going to be working alone, or with a parent. My siblings and I are all 5 years apart, myself being the oldest.

I also struggled in some areas, and because my parents were not proficient in that area, they were not much help. They also did not offer me tutor, so the struggle grew and grew until I could not manage the subject at all. I failed Chemistry twice, and Algebra once because they were so difficult for me.

I am not saying that there are not positive homeschooling experiences, but mine was definitely not positive, and I found myself counting the years until I was finished. I also faced the stigma that comes with homeschooling, and I struggled to show everyone that I was not going to be "odd" or "weird" like so many believed homeschooled children are.

I would never choose that lifestyle again, and I will not be choosing that lifestyle for my children.