View Single Post
caligirl 08:50 AM 10-10-2011
To continue my story...................

The mom has asked me several times how much he sleeps during the day. She would like me to give him 2 naps a day as she does at home on the weekends. He is almost 20 mo. I told her that he is not tired in the morning. There is no way I could get him to nap in the morning. I asked her why, she told me because he is a mess at night. He's crabby, screaming, controllable until they put him to bed (at 6:30).he is picked up at 5:00...... she joked that maybe he is just bored at home....Could be. He is very busy here during the day.
He is in bed by 6:30 pm and up at 6am....my house at 7am until 5pm...mornings are rush, rush with the mom getting herself ready and her 4 yr old and the little one.....no quality time in the morning...from 5-6:30 it's hurry hurry getting dinner...4 yr old demanding attention...the boy doesn't get much I am guessing... His weekend schedule is almost the same.12 hours of sleep at night with 2 long naps (9:00 - 11:00am and again 2:00-4:00)...so, this 20 month old boy is sleeping 16 hours out of a 24 hour day......he is awake approx. 18 hours in a weekend..........she feels that he has his 'meltdowns' because he needs more sleep.........

Ok....... I have to bite my tongue when she says that to me.........