Thread: No Diaper
View Single Post
mamamanda 12:16 PM 04-18-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
This is a hard line for me.

If a parent came at drop off with their kid diaperless and said to me the child doesn't have a diaper on because he/she wouldn't let me put one on, I would reply with "Well if she is the one in charge, she won't be able to stay here. I don't accept kids that aren't ready for the day"

No socks, half dressed, bringing in a toy or eating something and the reply is similar.

I REFUSE to parent children that are not mine and I REFUSE to allow myself to be put in that position by an ADULT that has a license to drive, can hold a job, pay bills and basically live unassisted but can't get a 3 yr old to comply?!?! Um, yeah....NOT my problem.

*the path to inner peace begins with 3 simple words; NOT MY PROBLEM.
See, I had this thought. I should have told her when he was prepared for the day I'd be happy to keep him. Honestly though, I stood there dumbfounded like I was trying to process what she'd just said to me since I just couldn't believe she would put his pants on w/o a diaper. This kid doesn't give me a moment's trouble though so I don't mind keeping him. He does meltdown big time every day at pick up though. Screams all the way to the car. I hand him to her, close the door, & walk away. However, I'm really tempted to hand him to her w/o a diaper on one day.