View Single Post
Ariana 09:27 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Is the tutor coming to her home?
I dont think a 5 year old needs a tutor off the bat but of he was just like "I got him a tutor at home" then Im not understanding why it is anyone else's business. I dont know the full situation is all, I must be missing something.

Im not quite sure my job status is of relevance to this? But since you're curious, 20 years from childcare assistant up to Director, and all jobs between, all ages. Home preschool, center, homeless shelter. Want my own in-home but it isnt happening. I have 2.5 year old and a 6 year old who may have ODD. Applied to be a licensor recently but also a paraeducator for special needs.
I think she knows it is none of her business but wants to guide the dad towards a more effective input for this particular child. For example it is really none of my business whether or not a child gets speech therapy BUT it is my business to try and guide the parents towards it if I feel it is in their best interest and would benefit the child.

So if a parent came to me telling me they put their child in a writing skills class when they really would benefit MUCH more from speech therapy then it would be my business to let them know that. As an ECE I am obligated by my code of ethics to say so.