View Single Post
Thriftylady 05:20 AM 04-07-2016
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
Thrifty we have the same here... SAHM's or older Grams that think it's ok to charge 60-75 week for FT care and that's in a major city, not my area which is 15-20 minutes away. I charge double what some of these people are charging & thank goodness I'm full with a wait list. I still see the same people advertising for kids and almost all of them charge less than I do (like they never fill their spots or they have high turnover).

I weed out the "daycare hoppers" by making people check out the website before contacting me. Saves a lot of headaches
Yeah I see what you are saying. I have two really good families right now who realize I am providing great care at an awesome rate. I just wish I could get one or two more kiddos. We are much better off than we were a year ago when I was struggling to get any kids. But one or two more would help so much. Especially during times like the last month or so. We have been in one of those phases where vehicles keep breaking down, trucking industry is a little slow for some reason so hubby's miles are down. You know how it is sometimes. We are surviving, but I am so tired of just surviving!

I am stepping up my facebook postings on my daycare page. I am not sure how to make sure it actually reaches the people it needs to reach though. It is set to public, I liked it on my regular page, so it shares to there. I do use the advertising sometimes, but have never gotten any calls from it. Not sure if I should try again or not. I wasn't posting on it much, but the last two days now I have put up pics.