View Single Post
Annalee 09:22 AM 04-01-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
"ALL schedules must be in writing. ANY changes after submitting a written schedule MUST be a minimum of 24 hours in advance regardless of reason.

NO care/services will be provided other than days AND times written on the schedule. Provider reserves the right to refuse care on those day in which care was not scheduled or requested within 24 hours of drop off."

I would send this memo home with ALL parents. I would let them know that unless the DCG is scheduled, there will no services.

The pay/rate they have is not so they can use you at their beck and call, it's to reserve their space on those days they need to SCHEDULE their child.

See the common theme? Schedule.

I understand that mom has occasional shift changes but I highly doubt that she is not given notice of these changes.

Next time she tries to change the written schedule via text, just reply "I understand but unfortunately am not able to accommodate this change without advance notice. See you (whenever next scheduled day is)"

When you put it back on them, they will suddenly be able to schedule in advance in almost 99% of the time.
I had a mom like this who would text late the evening before wanting to change days, hours and I developed an individual contract for her. It said something like "xxx is contracted for xxxx days a week. All other days will be at the discretion of xxx and determined on an individual basis". She was paying all week as well but it got out of hand how she wanted to change things so often. After telling her "no" a couple times, she stopped asking