View Single Post
blessedmess8 07:54 PM 09-03-2011
I'm kind of scared to post with the fear that I'm new and posting something that's been over posted and I'll be reprimanded for it! But, it is nothing "negative," so hopefully I'll be ok!

I was reading and saw a post about a provider who bills her parents a yearly rate, divided by months and she figures in 2 weeks of unpaid time off for herself! I LOVED that! So... I sent out an e-mail Friday!

Also, being that I earned my Bachelors degree in May (FINALLY!) I decided to give myself a bonus and I told all my parents I'd be giving myself paid holidays now! (I have always just not charged for any day I was not opened.) I know the paid vacation can be a hot topic - I saw a post on the parent forum that got pretty nasty! So, I was worried! Parents seem to have conflicting views on this. But, I know all my parents get paid holidays and whether I opened or not, I would rarely have kids on those days anyway.

I was pleasantly surprised when one of my parents e-mailed me back and told me she was "happy to pay me for holidays."

This is going to make my life so much easier! Now my pay will be the same every month instead of different, depending on if I closed for any reason! It's hard to close 2 days at Christmas time and lose hundreds of dollars of pay when I'm trying to buy gifts! Or lose hundreds when I close a couple of days for family vacation! That's when you really don't need a dent in your cashflow! I hope it works out! Has anyone else done this? Did it work for you? Any specific pitfalls I need to look out for??