View Single Post
queenbee 06:32 AM 06-29-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I am glad that this worked out ok.

I am happy to hear you support your assistants as much as you do. MAkes for a great boss

However, I don't think this was disrespectful at all given the circumstances.

Considering the circumstances of what was happening, IMHO, I think your assistant needs to grow up and not take things so personal.

She may be a great assistant but she needs to learn how to read a situation and analyze it for what it is.

The shushing was a plea to not give away his (DCD) presence so he could be playful with his child no less........NOT a blatantly disrespectful sign for "stop talking" between two adults. I really just think your assistant made way too big of a deal out of this.

But anyways, glad it is over and is behind you....and everyone can move on happily.
My assistant is 48yo. Hardly someone who needs to "grow up" I doubt she'd take this personal, but I guess my other families who have been with me long term would have never dreamed of shushing her.

And not to sound cocky, but my daycare isn't something parents like to give up easily I've never had a parent leave under any other circumstances than moving away, job loss or kids heading to kindergarten. I've only had to term once since opening and those two open spots didn't last more than a day.