View Single Post
My3cents 12:57 PM 06-29-2012
I bounced back and fourth on this reading everyones thoughts and what the Op wrote-

I side with the OP-

my only thing would have been to talk to him personally in the first place, not send him a letter.

A 48 year old woman that is a wonderful worker, knows right from wrong- at least I want to think this. I don't feel she is going to go to her boss over a petty issue. The Ssshhhh had to be rude, and it bothered her. The worker handled this right. She could have blown up at the Dad right then and there, she thought about it and then called and talked with her Boss.

The boss, OP handled this well too. It's rare that employees are valued these days and this boss showed that she values her employee. Nice

The Father- he handled it well too. He knew he messed up. If not he wouldn't have called and apologized.

Shhhhshing someone is rude, so is using stupid or other names- I get the feeling this went above and beyond a normal Ssshhh, I want to surprise my son. I am guessing it was more of a Sssshhh I own the world type of Ssshhh-

We are all human and make mistakes but it is true that when we do have the backbone we should support each other. I don't think it was easy for the OP or she wouldn't have bothered to come here for suggestions.

I lean towards the OP but I can see the points that others have made. I would have verbally talked to the Dad and toned it down a bit but still been clear that he was rude and it bothered my assistant.

Anyways- It's Friday!!!! Have a wonderful weekend everyone