View Single Post
Sunchimes 11:06 AM 11-09-2012
We walked to the courthouse this morning for the Veteran's Day Parade. I had talked about parades all morning, (we have lots of parades in our playroom) and DCG (27 mo) was really excited. She almost danced the entire 3 blocks--giddy, absolutely giddy. We got there a little early and stopped across the street from where the crowd was gathered for the ceremony after the parade. I didn't think they would appreciate a giddy 2 yo and a 9 mo at a solemn moment. Anyway, I gave dcg a flag and showed her how to wave it. She spent the entire time jumping up and down, waving that flag, and yelling "Yea for the parade". It's a state highway, so 4 lanes of traffic. She had truck drivers, police officers, and most of the crowd wa-a-a-a-y across the street smiling and waving at her. Then the parade arrived-a firetruck with siren going, 1 veteran in a car, 3 people walking (I think maybe they were veterans) and the high school band. She was a little intimidated by the siren and it dampened her enthusiasm a little. I suspect she may be in the paper next week.