View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 01:52 PM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
ok so when I have done just what you said in the past, I am told that the child is disallowed the meals because I can't claim more than xyz amount.......

I think I should call and ask my food program.....
That's a good idea. When I did it although my food rep kept telling me that some meals weren't counted because they only reimbursed for a specific number per day per child I kept marking my meals on MMK just as I had served them and left it up to the food program to pay me for the meals that I was entitled to be reimbursed for. I always double checked when I got the payment but I never had any problems about being reimbursed correctly. If your food program is being a stickler about it then you can keep track of your meals by using forms or a ledger or something like that.

Here's one example of something that you can use to keep track
dpi.wi.gov/files/forms/doc/pod1455.doc

You can always use it as a sample and create your own version of it in excel or something similar. For now you can go back and check your attendance records to determine which meals your DCK's were present for and recreate your meals counts based on the hours that they were in daycare. You'd have to go day by day but at least you can also claim the extra meals you served that the food program didn't cover.