View Single Post
Unregistered 10:43 AM 11-14-2013
Originally Posted by crazydaycarelady:
I have to attend mandatory training this Saturday. I really dislike trainings for many reasons.

First off I rarely benefit from the trainings. A lot of them are taught by college girls who are earning their early education degrees and have never spent 5 minutes watching 6+ kids! Last time a couple of suggestions for activities to do with the kids were dream catchers. Seriously? Half the ladies there couldn't even complete theirs they were so complicated. The "trainer" also suggested a good activity would be to let the kids smear mud all over the outdoor play equipment. My dcparents would not appreciate this activity. Plus I'd have to hose off the equipment making - MORE MUD!

Second I resent that I have to go on Saturdays after already working 50+ hours. If I don't go to this training then I have to go to the same training but in a different town. I have no choice but to go.

So I have training all day this Saturday. They told us to bring our own chairs too!
Where I was doing it they didn't HAVE Saturdays OR evenings that started later than most daycares close (after 6:30pm) so we'd have to do them during daycare hours. Parents just LOVED that :roll eyes: