View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:40 AM 07-15-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Mn here too.

I would be tempted to answer it just as the way you took it - two kids playing doctor. "I would observe their play, and supplement with whatever appropriate implements I had on hand, such as hospital gowns, stethoscope, etc."

And I know of a provider in Mn who took the "this is developmentally appropriate play" stance in a situation like this, and lost her license. She had stopped the "exploration" part of the play, as not appropriate in child care, but stated that she believed it was innocent and developmentally appropriate. She had support of all of her families, and licensing didn't care.
Depending on which type of "Doctor" the kids are playing it may not be developmentally appropriate.

My point is that they can not ask the provider what she would do in this situation.... there are way too many variable and way too many personal and private influences and factors to be considered for a provider to properly answer that question. It is a leading question and one that purposely places the potential provider in a bad spot.

The state does NOT require those types of questions. I would stand my ground but not based on any personal thoughts or beliefs but based on the fact that DHS does not have a regulation stating providers (even potential providers) have to answer that question (or similar questions)