View Single Post
SilverSabre25 08:31 AM 02-26-2012
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
If all the dcs did this then the clinic would be to full on Friday to do all the shots for everyone who needed them. Plus my preferred md doesn't even work Fridays so it would be out of the question for me. I think micromanaging people is a waste of time. Either you won't get people to sign up or they will find a way around it, lie or something. I don't exclude for crankyness, that's a joke.

I believe in the effectiveness of the immunizations and am not going to worry about the slim possibility of something happening. The number of kids with bad reactions is less than the time, worry, and annoyance, of trying to enforce a policy like this anyway. And like I said before, I would rather they be immunized for the sake of my family and the rest of the population than be annoying about it.
WOW. You are absolutely entitled to your opinion but your attitude was uncalled for!

Excluding for grumpy kids is one thing...excluding for the inconsolable crankiness that IME comes after most imms. is a WHOLE different ball of wax! That a lot closer to a sick child than a cranky well child--especially when it's a baby! If the screaming, crying, bottle refusing, and nasty diaper leaks are interfering with me providing appropriate care to the other kids, then that child should be HOME, no matter the cause.

This is not a debate about the effectiveness or benefit of vaccines; it's about whether a child who has just had a shot should be in child care or at home. I"m glad you feel so strong in your position that it doesn't matter. It's good to have so much confidence in your own policies. Now if you please, some of us feel differently from you and would appreciate some respect even if you don't agree.