View Single Post
littlemissmuffet 09:05 AM 02-26-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
It's not that my parents don't respect me. It's that
I don't think I could get parents to agree to it. It's not heard of around here. Trust me I know. I posted a similar thread about this very subject about 6 months ago or so.

I did my research in my area and every single place that I called do not have such a rule.
Its not a matter of respect, it a matter of what I know would not work in my area.

And if I were to exclude for he reason of cranky kids then I would never be open.

I get what you're saying and understand your logic. My logic, however, is that it doesn't matter what the daycare across the street does, it doesn't matter what the daycare 60 surrounding daycares in my area of town do - I am not them. MY daycare, MY rules. My clients don't argue with me - they don't question my rules... they know coming in, this is how it is and they accept that. They don't compare me to other daycares because that will get them nowhere - I am NOT other daycares, I am my own. So, this is why I see it as a respect issue.

Also, I can't build my daycare up around what other daycares do and don't do... otherwise my dck's would be eating ramen noodles for lunch everyday, never have any outdoor time and watch tv all day long. Unfortunately, that's how the majority of "dayhomes" in my area are run.